Our reopening date will be Monday May 11th.
We are open and here is what we’re doing:
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some temporary changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you arrive in the parking lot of our office, please call us to let us know you have arrived. We are trying to eliminate the “waiting room.” Our goal is to take you back directly to your treatment room. Please arrive with a mask or face covering in place.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. We will be taking your temperature as part of the screening process.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Appointments will be staggered for social distancing and to properly disinfect the treatment rooms.
- We will have the hours between 8am and 10:30am set aside for high risk patients only. If you would like to be seen during those times, please ask and we will accommodate you the best we can.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- All transactions and treatment presentation costs will take place in the treatment room. Your next visit will be scheduled in the treatment room as well. Once your appointment is over, you will be free to go as there will be no need to stop at the front desk.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 970-766-7645.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Thad B. Twiss DDS and Team